Ryanair To Carry 6m Customers Over Christmas & New Year
36% OF SURVEYED CUSTOMERS HAVE BOOKED A WINTER GETAWAY
Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 airline, today (7 Dec) released the results of its annual Christmas survey (of over 1,500 customers) which revealed that:
- 36% of customers surveyed had booked a winter getaway
- Tenerife is the most popular destination again this winter, followed by Milan, Warsaw and Brussels.
- Engagement rings, winter holidays and concert tickets are the most sought-after Christmas presents
- Socks, kitchen accessories and ornaments are the least wanted Christmas presents
- ‘Home Alone’ is the best Christmas movie
- ‘Fairytale of New York’ is the best Christmas song
Ryanair will carry over 6m customers between 18 December and 7 January across its European network, with 1.1 million extra seats added for people flying home for the holiday season, on the lowest fares.
Ryanair flights will operate up to 16.30hrs (GMT) on Christmas Eve, resuming at 08.15hrs (GMT) on St. Stephen’s Day, while Friday, 23rd December will be the busiest day of festive flying, with over 1,950 Ryanair flights scheduled.
And customers looking for last minute gift ideas can give the gift of flying with Christmas Gift Vouchers starting from values of €25/£25, which are on sale on the Ryanair.com website, offering a choice of over 1,800 routes, connecting 33 countries.
Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said;
“The great Christmas escape is nearly underway with over 6m customers set to fly with Ryanair this festive period, in what will be our busiest ever Christmas. Tenerife is Europe’s hottest winter destination with customers once more and our flights will operate right up to 16.30hrs on Christmas Eve.
Ryanair Christmas flight vouchers, starting from €25/£25, are the perfect last minute Christmas gift, and with over 1,800 routes to choose from it’s never too late to buy the ideal present – only on Ryanair.com.”