Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (1 Apr) announced it will base an additional aircraft at Cork airport as part of its Winter 19 schedule, which will deliver 1.2m customers p.a. and 30 new Ryanair jobs at Cork Airport, as Ryanair grows its Cork traffic by 17%.
Ryanair’s Cork W19 schedule will deliver:
- Two based aircraft (1 extra), $200m total investment
- 5 new routes: Alicante (2), Budapest (2), Katowice (2) Malta (2) & Poznan (2)
- 15 routes total
- 2 customers p.a. (+17%)
- 30 new Ryanair jobs
- 900* “on-site” jobs p.a.
Cork consumers and visitors can now book their holidays as far out as March 2020, enjoying even lower fares and Ryanair’s 2019 customer care improvements, including:
- Lowest Fares – find a cheaper fare within 3 hours, get paid the difference plus €5 MyRyanair credit
- Punctuality – deliver 90% target (excl. ATC) or 5% off following month’s air fares
- Customer Care Charter – EU261 claims processed in 10 days, new 24/7 support, connect in 2 mins
- Care Improvements – 48-hour free of charge grace period for changes to bookings
- Environmental Improvements – carbon offset programme, environmental partnerships & plastic free in 5 years
- New Ryanair Choice – €199 annual fee for free seats, fast-track & priority boarding for freq. guests
- Digital Improvements – new fare finder, sports tickets, bespoke travel guides & faster mobile
To celebrate, Ryanair has launched a seat sale with fares available from just €19.99, for travel in April and May, which must be booked by midnight Wednesday (3 Apr), only on the Ryanair.com website.
Ryanair’s Alejandra Ruiz said:
“Ryanair is pleased to add another aircraft at our Cork base (2 aircraft in total) as part of our Cork Winter schedule with 15 routes, including 5 new routes, which will deliver 1.2m customers p.a. as we continue to grow our Cork routes, traffic, tourism and jobs.
To celebrate we are releasing seats for sale on these new routes from €19.99, for travel in April and May. This offer is available for booking until midnight Wednesday (3 Apr). Since these amazing low fares will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”
*ACI research confirms up to 750 ‘on-site’ jobs are sustained at international airports for every 1m passengers