Cancellations & Punctuality – Update

25 Sep 2017

Ryanair today (25 Sept) updated its progress on the cancellation of 2,100 of its 130,000 flights in Sept and Oct as follows:

– All 315,000 customers received email notices (on Mon 18th)

– By Sun 24th, over 305,000 alternative routings or refunds (over 97% of affected customers) had been processed

– The remaining 3% of customers (less than 10,000) have yet to contact Ryanair

– Over the last 7 days, Ryanair’s first wave punctuality has improved to 96% (see table below)

– Over the last 7 days, only 3 out of 16,000 flights operated were cancelled (see table below)



Sept 1st wave on-timeDaily Cancellations
Sat23100%1 (runway closure)
Sun2495%2 (diversions due unsafe weather)
Ave.  96%


Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said:

“We again apologise sincerely to each of the 315,000 customers whose original flights were cancelled over a 6 week period in September and October. More than 97% of affected customers have now been re-accommodated, and the remaining 3% (less than 10,000 customers) are urged to get in contact regarding their rebooking or refunding options.

No further flights have been cancelled for rostering reasons and our first wave punctuality has increased to 96%, while we continue to work hard to resolve this short term rostering failure. We have expanded our customer service team, who are assisting all affected customers with their requests, as we try to resolve any problems we have created for them, for which we again sincerely apologise.”