Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (26 June) confirmed it will continue to grow in Cyprus next winter and will deliver a total of 1.2m customers annually at Larnaca and Paphos airports, a 30% increase year-on-year.
Ryanair expanded its 2019/2020 winter schedule, and will deliver 25 routes in total including 7 new routes from Paphos. Continued growth in Cyprus has put Ryanair in the No.1 position for market share in Cyprus.
Ryanair’s Cyprus 2019/2020 schedule will deliver:
- 24 total routes
- including 5 new summer routes to Berlin Tegel (2 pw), Bournemouth (2 pw), Kyiv (2 pw), Mykonos (3 pw) & Liverpool (2 pw)
- including 4 new winter routes to Katowice (weekly), Kyiv (2 pw, ctd), Liverpool (2 pw, ctd) & Malta (2 pw)
- 825* “on-site” jobs p.a.
- One route to Brussels Zaventem (2 pw)
- 60* “on-site” jobs p.a.
Cypriot consumers and visitors can now book their holidays as far out as March 2020, and will enjoy even lower fares and Ryanair’s 2019 customer care improvements, including:
- Punctuality – deliver 90% target (excl. ATC) or 5% off following month’s air fares
- Customer Care Charter – EU261 claims processed in 10 days, new 24/7 support, connect in 2 mins
- Care Improvements – 48-hour free of charge grace period for changes to bookings
- Environmental Improvements – carbon offset programme, environmental partnerships & plastic free in 5 years
To celebrate this further growth in Cyprus, Ryanair has launched a seat sale with fares from just €19.99, for travel in September and October,which must be booked by midnight Friday (28 Jun), only on the Ryanair.com website.
In Limassol, Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said:
“Cyprus is a wonderful tourist and business-friendly destination. Ryanair, now Cyprus’ leading airline, is pleased to confirm double digit growth this winter as we deliver new Cyprus routes, traffic, tourism and jobs.
To celebrate this growth, and our biggest ever schedule for 2019, we are releasing seats for sale on our network from €19.99, for travel inSeptember and October, This offer is available for booking until midnight Friday (28 Jun). Since these amazing low fares will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”
*ACI research confirms up to 750 ‘on-site’ jobs are sustained at international airports for every 1m passengers