Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 airline, today (9 May) celebrated its 25th year anniversary at Manchester Airport, where it has carried over 30.1m customers since low fares first arrived at Manchester Airport in 1994.
Since Ryanair’s first Manchester flights, Ryanair has grown:
- To carrying over 30.1m customers to/from Manchester (reaching 11m milestone in 2014)
- From 1 route to Dublin to over 60 routes
- To opening Manchester base in 2011, now with 12 based a/c ($1.2bn)
- From carrying 153,000 customers p.a. to over 5.4m customers p.a.
Manchester consumers and visitors can now book their holidays on 63 routes for Summer 2019 and a further 52 winter 2019 routes as far out as March 2020, enjoying even lower fares and Ryanair’s 2019 customer care improvements, including:
- Lowest Fares – find a cheaper fare within 3 hours, get paid the difference plus €/£ 5 MyRyanair credit
- Punctuality – deliver 90% target (excl. ATC) or 5% off following month’s air fares
- Customer Care Charter – EU261 claims processed in 10 days, new 24/7 support, connect in 2 mins
- Care Improvements – 48-hour free of charge grace period for changes to bookings
- Environmental Improvements – carbon offset programme, environmental partners & plastic free in 5 years
- New Ryanair Choice – €199 annual fee for free seats, fast-track & priority boarding for freq. guests
- Digital Improvements – new fare finder, sports tickets, bespoke travel guides & faster mobile
To celebrate, Ryanair has launched a seat sale on its Manchester routes with fares available from just £12.99, for travel in May, which must be booked by midnight Monday (13 May), only on the Ryanair.com website.
Ryanair’s Eimear Ryan said:
“Ryanair is pleased to celebrate our 25th anniversary at Manchester airport where, as its largest airline, we have carried over 30.1m customers since 1994. Manchester consumers and visitors can now book their holidays on 63 routes for summer 2019 and 52 routes for winter 2019. We are also pleased to announce two new routes to Prague and Milan Malpensa for winter 2019.
To celebrate, we are releasing seats on our Manchester routes on sale from £12.99, for travel in May, which are available for booking until Monday (13 May). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.
Stephen Turner, Commercial Director at Manchester Airport, said:
“We are delighted to celebrate Ryanair’s 25th anniversary from Manchester Airport. Over the last two and a half decades the airline has grown massively here at the UK’s global gateway in the North.
Ryanair’s routes and fares are incredibly popular with our 28.5 million annual passengers, and we look forward to the future and celebrating further milestones.”