Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (6 Mar) launched its Lithuania winter 2019 schedule, with 34 routes in total at its three Lithuanian airports, including a new Kaunas winter service to Edinburgh, and a Vilnius-Tel Aviv route, which will help deliver 2 million customers p.a.
Ryanair’s Lithuania winter 2019 schedule will deliver:
- 1 new winter route: Edinburgh (2 weekly)
- 12 routes in total
- 36 weekly return flights
- 760,000 customers p.a.
- 570* on-site jobs
- 1 route: London Stansted (2 weekly)
- 35,000 customers p.a.
- 1 new route: Tel Aviv (2 weekly – moving from Kaunas)
- 21 routes in total
- 65 weekly return flights
- 2m customers p.a.
- 900* on-site jobs
Lithuanian consumers and visitors can now book their holidays as far out as March 2020, on even lower fares. Ryanair has also launched its 2019 customer care improvements, including:
- Lowest Fares – find a cheaper fare within 3 hours, get paid the difference plus €5 MyRyanair credit
- Punctuality – deliver 90% target (excl. ATC) or 5% off following month’s air fares
- New Max Aircraft – new interiors, more legroom, more seats, greenest aircraft – April
- Customer Care Charter – EU261 claims processed in 10 days, new 24/7 support, connect in 2 mins
- Care Improvements – 48-hour free of charge grace period for changes to bookings
- Environmental Improvements – carbon offset programme, environmental partnerships & plastic free in 5 years
- New Ryanair Choice – €199 annual fee for free seats, fast-track & priority boarding for freq. guests
- Digital Improvements – new fare finder, sports tickets, bespoke travel guides & faster mobile
Elsewhere, KAMS aircraft maintenance in Kaunas has confirmed it will hire an additional 100 skilled staff by 2021 to join the current 250 engineers who have completed over 700 complex checks for Ryanair since 2013.
In Vilnius, Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer, David O’Brien said:
“We are pleased to launch our Lithuanian winter 2019 schedule with 34 routes, including a new winter service to/from Edinburgh, while our Tel Aviv service will move from Kaunas to Vilnius. Ryanair’s winter 2019 schedule will help deliver 2m customers through Kaunas, Palanga and Vilnius airports this year, supporting 1,500 airport jobs. The KAMS facility, which provides heavy maintenance to Ryanair’s Boeing 737 fleet (455 aircraft and growing), will create another 100 aircraft maintenance positions in Vilnius over the next two years.
To celebrate the launch of our winter 2019 schedule, we are releasing seats for sale from just €14.99 for travel in March and April, which are available for booking until midnight Saturday (9 Mar). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”
*ACI research confirms up to 750 ‘on-site’ jobs are sustained at international airports for every 1m passengers