Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (27 Mar) officially opened its new base at Burgas Airport with 1 aircraft (an investment of $100m) and 11 new routes, which will deliver over 250,000 customers p.a. and support 187 “on-site” jobs at Burgas Airport, its second Bulgarian base.
Ryanair’s Burgas Summer 2018 schedule will deliver:
– 1 based aircraft ($100m investment)
– 11 routes: Bratislava (2 wkly), Dusseldorf W (2), Frankfurt Hahn (2), Krakow (2), Kaunas (1), Memmingen (2), Milan B (2), Riga (2), Rzeszow (1), Tel Aviv (2) & Warsaw M (2)
– 250,000 customers p.a.
– 187* on-site jobs
Bulgarian consumers and visitors can book their holidays as far out as March 2019, on even lower fares, and enjoy the 2018 “Always Getting Better” improvements including:
– Reduced checked-in bag fees – lower €25 fee, bigger 20kg bag allowance
– Connecting flights at Rome, Milan & Porto with more airports to follow
– Ryanair Rooms with 10% off Travel Credit
– Ryanair Transfers – wider choice of ground transport with new partner Car Trawler
– Punctuality Promise – 90% of our flights will be on time
– Price Promise – find a cheaper fare and we’ll refund the difference + €5 to your My Ryanair account
In Burgas, Ryanair’s Sales and Marketing Manager, Olga Pawlonka said:
“We are pleased to open our new Burgas base, with 1 based aircraft (an investment of $100m), and 11 new routes, which will deliver 250,000 customers p.a. and support 187 jobs at Burgas Airport.
To celebrate the launch of our new Burgas base, we are releasing seats for sale from Burgas from just €9.99 for travel in April, which are available for booking until midnight Friday (30 Mar). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”
Ulrich Heppe, CEO of Fraport Twin Star Airport Management, said:
“These routes will directly benefit the local tourism and accelerate Burgas’ connectivity with the rest of Europe. It is obvious that the new base is a true asset for the economic development of the region”