Ryanair today (9 Oct) updated its progress on the schedule change of 18,000 of its 800,000 flights between November and March as follows:
For Sept/Oct cancellations (announced 18 Sep):
– All 315,000 customers received email notices
– Over 311,000 re-routings or refunds (99% of customers) have been processed
– The remaining 4,000 customers (1%) have yet to contact Ryanair
For winter schedule changes (announced 27 Sep):
– All 400,000 customers have received email notices
– Over 360,000 re-routings or refunds (90% of customers) have been processed
– We expect this to rise to over 95% (over 380,000) this week
– The remaining 20,000 (5%) have yet to contact Ryanair
Over the last 7 days, Ryanair’s first wave punctuality has remained extremely high at 97% on-time. Out of 15,000 flights operated last week, just 23 (21 of these due to a handlers strike in Pisa) were cancelled (see table below).
PUNCTUALITY & CANCELLATIONS
|Oct||1st wave on-time||Daily Cancellations|
|Mon||2||96%||22 (21 Pisa strike, 1 weather)|
Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said:
“99% of the customers affected in September and October have now been re-accommodated, and the remaining 1% (less than 4,000 customers) are urged to get in contact regarding their rebooking or refunding options.
We apologise to them and the 400,000 further customers affected by our winter schedule reductions. By the end this week, we will have processed over 95% of these customers’ refunds or re-routing requests.
Our painful and deeply regretted winter schedule reductions have restored our industry leading punctuality with 97% of our first wave flights departing on-time last week, which means customers can now book our low fare flights confident that there is no danger of further roster related flight cancellations.”