Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 airline, today (23 July) announced the results of its Summer Trends travel survey which revealed:
- The most popular summer destinations for Ryanair customers are Mallorca, Alicante, and Malaga;
- Families, however, are bucking the trend for summer breaks, with Cyprus, Tel Aviv, and Lanzarote as their top three;
- The top destinations for couples are sun-soaked Ibiza, Mallorca, and Tenerife;
- For students, Zadar, Seville, and Barcelona are the top summer destinations this year;
- And unsurprisingly, the routes carrying the most 20-30 year olds are between the UK (Birmingham, East Midlands, Liverpool) and Ibiza
To celebrate another summer of low fares, Ryanair has launched a ‘Sizzling Summer Sale’ with 20% off travel from September-November, so Ryanair customers can bag a last-minute deal on their holidays. This offer is available for booking from now until midnight Thursday (25 July), so customers should act fast and log on to www.ryanair.com to avoid missing out.
Ryanair’s Alejandra Ruiz said
“Europe’s favourite summer sun destination, Spain, has won out this year according to our Summer Trends travel survey – but it’s interesting to see a rise in up-and-coming travel spots also, with destinations like Cyprus and Tel Aviv popular with families, and Zadar in Croatia a favourite of students.
We are giving those last minute holiday deal-hunters a chance to bag a deal with our ‘Sizzling Summer Sale’, with 20% off travel from September-November 2019, available for booking from now until midnight Thursday (25 July). Since these amazing low fares will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com today and bag a lucky break.”