Ryanair today (2 Oct) updated its progress on the cancellation of 20,000 of its 800,000 flights between September and March as follows:
For cancellations announced on 18 Sep:
– All 315,000 customers received email notices
– Over 308,000 alternative routings or refunds (over 98% of affected customers) have now been processed
– The remaining 2% of customers (less than 7,000) have yet to contact Ryanair
For winter schedule changes announced on 27 Sep:
– All 400,000 customers have received email notices
– Over 300,000 alternative routings or refunds (over 75% of affected customers) have now been processed, which we expect will rise to over 90% of customers (over 360,000) this week.
– Over the last 7 days, Ryanair’s first wave punctuality has improved to 97% (see table below)
– Over the last 7 days, only 2 out of 16,000 flights operated were cancelled (see table below)
PUNCTUALITY & CANCELLATIONS
|1st wave on-time||Daily Cancellations|
Due to an Italian ground handlers strike, we regret we’ve been forced to cancel 21 flights to/from Pisa today (2 Oct), along with Easyjet, Alitalia and other airlines. All affected customers have been contacted by email and SMS text message and advised of their options: a full refund, a free transfer on to the next available flight or a free transfer onto an alternative routing. Ryanair sincerely apologised to all customers affected by these strike cancellations, which are entirely beyond our control.
Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said:
“We again apologise sincerely to each of the 315,000 customers whose original flights were cancelled over a 6 week period in September and October. More than 98% of these customers have now been re-accommodated, and the remaining 2% (less than 7,000 customers) are again urged to get in contact regarding their rebooking or refunding options.
We also apologise to the 400,000 further customers affected by our winter schedule reductions. We have already contacted all of these customers and by the end this week we will have processed over 90% of these customers’ refunds or alternative routings.
Our winter schedule reductions will ensure that no further flights will be cancelled for rostering reasons and our first wave punctuality has increased further this week to 97%. Our expanded customer service team are assisting all affected customers with their requests, as we try to resolve any problems we have created for them, for which we again sincerely apologise.”